Our Mar 2019 meeting is hosted again this month at The Davies at 161 W 2nd Ave S (big white house with red shutters and solar panels on top) in Magrath, AB T0K 1J0 on Wed night 27 Feb 2019 7-8pm ish for our monthly Lions Club meeting. See you all there! Nominations for club executive 2019-2020 this month.
We Serve in Magrath
My preliminary notes from Meeting 27 Mar 2019 Lions Club Meeting 7pm at Davies.
- Attending: Alex/Laurie Ann White, Mike/Kelly Duff, Roger/Shauna Davies, Lawrence Papworth, Elizabeth Olsen, Larry Murray. Regrets: C/G Bly, D Friday, C Cai.
- 7:10pm meeting called to order. Last meeting minutes read and accepted with revision: "Last meeting we agreed to install 3 vice presidents to serve until next election for purposes of AGLC/current bylaws. Laurie Ann White will serve as 1st VP. Larry Murray will serve as 2nd VP. Tracie Dawson will serve as 3rd VP. Elections in Apr 2019 will determine officers for 2019/20."
- Correspondence: Letter via Zone Chair Cathy Anderson on upcoming Dog Walk event in Lethbridge (25 May). Discussed how club might support it. Encourage any who wish to walk to collect sponsors. Discussed current club bank balances. Club to write a $100 check to Lions Foundation of Canada. Approved.
- Lion Roger reported that online voting system set up again for this year. Please look for email from club and register your vote before mid April results to be available for next meeting. Each member has been set up with forwarding email with format email@example.com - let us know if you have a change in email to use or cannot find the emails as sent.
- Discussed upcoming food drive. Proposed that the next meeting be moved to that Sat morning as a working meeting. Approved. Sat 27 Apr at 10am in Seniors Parking Lot. Lion Alex to arrange truck with V Torkleson. Lion Roger will have flyers and poster printed and get bags and confirm date with Lethbridge Food Bank. Lion Alex has contacted school re lunch program needs. Discussed way to save 12 food baskets for anonymous local delivery to needy families here in town. Since non-perishable items, they can be collected and if not needed immediately then forwarded on to Lethbridge. Will need additional staffing for this to identify and pack those baskets on collection day. Approved (but not implemented as yet).