Happy new season .. we are off to a flying start!
- Report: No Cost Clothing 14-15 Sep 2013 - still waiting for the final report, but all went smoothly thanks to the planning efforts of Lion Elizabeth, her many helpers, and the implementation by Lions Tracie and crew. Using the Ice Arena for this event was great and the tables worked out well. Lots of helpers (over 60 counted) and many happy 'shoppers'. The clean up went quite smoothly. Great job! Since town donated use of building there were little actual costs required. Spent $24 on clear bags for packing up and received a cash donation of $20. Some discussion on having a collection jar for donations at entrance, but after consideration I think that would negate the concept of 'No Cost' .. we can find other ways for people to donate.
- Announcement: We have been approved for an early Casino event for Sat 25 Jan 2014 1-8pm and 8-3am and Sun 26 Jan 2014 1-7pm and 7-1am. I have a package of information that I will pass on to Lion Lawrence to handle (please and thanks). I think the weekend will be easier to get volunteers to work it.
- Report: Financial reporting now caught up. Did the required AGLC report to Aug 2012 and AGLC report to Aug2013 is new ready for review. The outstanding Society Annual Reports for Alberta Government Jun 2011 and Jun 2012 have been prepared and sent. The Jun 2013 report is now ready for review. We were able to use all Casino funding for Terry Trainer Playground. Town of Magrath asked for a letter on our future plans for the playground and our upcoming casino event so they can submit a grant request on our behalf to Lethbridge Community Futures.
- Announcement: Mon 4 Nov 2013 DG Monte Weisser will be visiting the Magrath and Raymond Lions Clubs at Raymond. More details will follow.
- Club meetings: I have tentatively scheduled the 4th Saturday morning of each month for our monthly meetings. See website calendar for schedule.
- Leo Club setup
- Mural Project
- Birthday Calendar Fundraiser