* Welcome new members
* No Cost Clothing - end of Aug 2018 w/Collections Jul-Aug
* Playground Upgrades - report
Members present: Lions Roger Davies, Alex White,Catherine Cai, Laurie-Ann White, Lawrence Papworth. Regrets: Lion Elizabeth (travel family wedding), Lion Shauna (work), Lions Glen/Christine (Nanton), Lion Deanna (away).
Meeting called to order 7:10pm
- Lion Roger distributed posters prepared for No Cost Clothing 23-25 Aug. We have updated website to match this info. Requested booking at arena via town: Thu Aug 23 set up tables, Fri Aug 24 sort clothing, Sat Aug 25 event/cleanup. He will have collection van in front of pharmacy all Jul/Aug for drop offs. Will also need list of names for volunteers.and arrange diabetes association to be called for pick up that week.
- Casino Report. Lion Lawrence: We have to start from beginning for new application to be filed. We need a copy of meeting minutes from today show the motion requesting we proceed with Casino application. Other paperwork will be needed to complete application: list of executives, club roster, etc to be worked on by Lion Lawrence, Lion Roger and Lion Alex as needed.
- Motion: Propose Catherine Cai, Kelly Strey, Mike Dunn as new Lions members effective now with Lion sponsors as Elizabeth Olsen, Christine Bly, Glen Bly. We propose an official induction ceremony to be held at our next dinner meeting in September - perhaps at Golf Course to welcome new members. Lion Roger to get membership applications to each new member.
- Despite being initially approached by Town of Magrath (Fernando), we may not need to judge parade at upcoming Magrath Days as he subsequently has asked the Chamber of Commerce to handle this in our stead. We are available to stand in or assist if needed.
- Lion Alex talked to Barbara from Blue Imp yesterday and she stated that the equipment should be here 12 Aug to be set up. What are we doing to keeps costs down? A rep will be here to ensure safety standards are met during set up. Equipment will be some color as pirate ship and ropes same colors as Lions (blue and yellow). We propose working on upgrades of lions park after that.. next year. Suggest having an independent safety inspection done on the Lions Park. Current plans are to install the week following 12 Aug .. Lion Alex to coordinate this project.
- Motion by Lion Roger to proceed with Casino application. We need to set up and prepare and proceed application and appoint a chairperson. Also propose Lion Lawrence as Casino Chair. and Catherine Cai to act as Casino Treasurer. Voted: all in favor. As club treasurer Lion Roger will prepare financial paperwork for same. Target date for application prep to be done by end of August.
- Motion by Lion Laurie-Ann to proceed with new inspection of playground equipment in old playground. Vote: all in favor. Questions: Does old fence need updates? Lighting: Alex spoke to Town Foreman Trevor Millward.. re town plans to install a light at playground.. is solar possible?
- Lion Roger made an motion to write letter to Town re installing more lighting at/around all our playgrounds.. Vote: all ok.
Discussed the date for next meeting/activity. No meeting in July. In August on 4th Wed we will plan a potluck/picnic at fishpond by new playground improvements (just prior to the No Cost Clothing event).
Lion Roger proposed adjournment of meeting at 8:05pm