Magrath, AB - Lions Boxing Day Party at Sash .. We held our Nov 2017 meeting on Wed 16 Nov starting at 7pm to assemble some final boxes the day before the Magrath Operation Christmas Child drive deadline. Lion Roger has D Murray of Raymond scheduled to pickup our offerings this year on Friday morning .. Thanks everyone. As at time of publication we already had over 50 boxes donated/preparted and ready to go with only 22 hours left for more to arrive (6pm at Magrath Pharmacy)!
We held a quick meeting as well. In attendance: Pres Alex and Laurie Ann White, Treasurer Roger and Shauna Davies, Mike Duff, Kelly Strey, Catherine Cai and 2 guest teen boxers.
- First order of business was the assembly of boxes. Call to order was at 7:25pm for meeting proper. Blys asked to be excused as in Edmonton attending a funeral. Lion Shauna noted some donations still at school. We will ask Lion Elizabeth to collect them by 6pm on Thu. [Note: Lion Roger/Shauna distributed boxes and flyers at Sat 11 Nov program at Museum].
- Then discussed the proposed Santa's Gone Loonie event. The previous promoter V Maher had decided to postpone this event as her family was moving and building a new home this year. Some discussion had been raised in summer about possibility of taking this over by the Lions. No decisions had been made then and the matter deferred to future meeting. Catherine would like to see it done this year if possible. Consensus appeared to be that club members would like to assist but no one is able to be in charge to organize. After some lively discussions, Lion Roger moved that we consider this idea for a future year. Approved 6/7.
- December meeting will be the Lions Christmas party. President Alex recommended we meet at a Lethbridge restaurant (Earls or Montanas or similar). Tentatively set date for Wed 20 Dec or thereabout and ask Lions to check back with their schedules [Lion Shauna works that evening but is free Tue 19 or Thu 21] .
- January meeting should include visit by Zone leadership and include some inductions. Noted that zone leadership training set for Sat 27 Jan 2018 in Lethbridge.
- Some upcoming projects discussed: a) Lion Roger to organize the Spring Garage Sale [March] . b) Catherine would like to see a town Free-cycle/Rendevous/Give away day promoted by the Lions for summer time. c) Mini library (like at Dahl's) would be nice - bigger version could include space for donations (eg non perishable food items, etc). To be discussed further at future meetings. d) Playground upgrades still in planning phase. Safety check kit cost has been determined to be over $300 so we will be looking at other options. Lion Alex is overseeing these proposals - old round about and ancient teeter totters must be addressed for safety. On going
- Motion to adjourn by Lion Shauna at 7:55pm. Next meeting will be Lions Dec Christmas Party.