Prior Minutes: in process
- We have entered a new Lions year and need to confirm club membership. If you wish to continue (or re-start) as a club member the annual dues (Jul-Jun) are $75 per lion. Family members (up to 4) are half price so the rate for a couple is $112.50/year. Dues can be done the old-fashioned way (cash or check) to Lion Shauna or online by credit card if desired. I will also send a money request email link for same via the Lions Club Paypal page to accommodate any online payments. Thank you and have a great year! Lion Roger Club Treasurer 2016/17
- Email re consolidating new member and charter fees into a single category called entrance fees. As part of this consolidation, we will have one single entrance fee of $35 as of July 1, 2017.
- Mobile app available to download and view Lions Magazines - works great
- Lion Roger to report meeting with Town re playground equipment order. Work with Lion Alex to get revised order sent asap
Meeting started at 7:30pm
Attending: Lions Shauna, Roger, Deanna, Elizabeth, Alex. Regrets Glen, Christine, Laurie Ann
- Meeting welcome by Lion President Shauna
- Roger: Reviewed last meeting minutes/events - Accepted
- Upcoming calendar events - Mar Elections, Apr Food Drive, May Garage Sale, Aug Chataugua and No Cost Clothing Nov Christmas Boxes, Ongoing Eye Glass Collections
- Alex: Siwan inquired if Club would be interested in assisting with a Marathon/Race in conjunction with Magrath Celebration - OK
- Elizabeth: reported status of Fire Hydrant painting project. Fire Dept is planning to do all with color coded tops. She will ask if we can add faces after they upgrade. OK
- Deanna: inquiry do we need to look into repainting blue brick behind our murals on south wall of Roosters? Discussion: would like to have some wording added above? Perhaps not needed - defer
- Roger: noted financial reports to AADL and the AB Govt need to be updated. Will work on this as time permits
- Question: membership status updates needed for members no longer attending or paying dues. We need to revise online reports to reflect current active members only. Shauna will update LCI websitereport accordingly - OK
- Shauna: will order in club shirts
- Roger/Alex: will finalize order for updated playground equipment. Will meet noon on Thu to do so.
- Future business: noted revised new member fees/forms ($35 US) starting Jul 2017. Metal signage for club projects to do.
- Adjourned meeting at 8:15pm. Thanks to all who were able to attend! Next meeting 3rd Wed in Feb 2017 (15 Feb 2017 at Magrath Cafe).