WHEN Thursday, Jan 26, 2023 7:00 PM MT - 8:30 PM MT
WHERE The Davies Box 152, 161 W 2nd Ave S Magrath, Alberta T0K 1J0 View Map
HOSTED BY Magrath Lions CluB
Magrath Lions Club
Meeting 26 Jan 2023
7pm at the Davies
Attending: Lion Alex White, President, Lion Shauna Davies, Lion Roger Davies, Lion Lawrence Papworth, Lion Elizabeth Olsen (BC), Lion Larry Murray. Unable to attend: Lion Laurie-Ann White (VP), Lion Catherine Cai.
- 7pm Call to order by President Alex White.
- Annual financial reports to Jun 2022 ready for signature to send to the corporate registry (Society Annual Returns). Lion Roger will mail out with required check #118 $50. Reimbursement check to Lion Roger signed #117 $214.23 re Lions Dues paid in the amount of $150.50 US. Lion Alex noted that fees are expected to increase with increased US/Can exchange rates. Current balance on Lions accounts is $3808 with just over half of that in our Casino account. Link to online report is here: Lions 2022-23 Reports
- Lion Alex reported on his recent meetings with Lions and with the Town of Magrath. Town hall committee style meeting was held with other local volunteer groups (4H, etc) with plans for ongoing future meetings to coordinate needs and upcoming event times and places. 7 Feb 2023 is the next quarterly meeting. Lion Alex is ok to continue attending these on our behalf. Town is considering preparing the old curling rink for use as a community center. The brochure prepared for the Magrath Lions Club for our Dec 22 meeting will be used to introduce our club to this group. Lions zone meetings were in Lethbridge. Many upcoming Lions conventions and travel opportunities abound. Next zone leadership meeting is 23 May 2023 at Lethbridge Casino. District C2 Convention 3-4 Feb, Lethbridge Dog Walk 27 May, LCICon 2023 in Boston, MA 7-11 Jul, USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum Reno, NV 14-15 Sep.
- Lion Alex provided a handout on club recruitment (see lionsclubs.org/MembershipChair page) discussing 4 steps a) Build a Team, b) Build a Vision, c) Build a Plan, and d) Build Success. These links provided for club members to review documents for future discussion.
> Just Ask! New Member Recruiting Guide
> Just Ask! Quick Tips
> Membership Application Tri-Fold
- Discussed dates for upcoming club events. Food Drive will be held week ending Sat 29 Apr 2023. LDS Stake has approved that date by email and Lethbridge Food Bank emailed back to let us know they will have staff there to receive the collections on that date. Lion Alex proposed we hold our annual yard sale fundraiser week ending 3 Jun 2023. He will approach town for use of the appropriate venue (arena or curling rink) to store and sell these goods. Lion Roger suggested we purchase a large Magrath Lions Club sign/banner for use with these kinds of events. Date for annual No Cost Clothing exchange proposed for 24-26 Aug 2023.
- Casino report by Lion Lawrence Papworth. We are scheduled for Thu-Fri 16-17 Mar 2023. Discussed volunteer workers. Lion Lawrence has prepared a list of past helpers. An online form Casino Volunteers will be used to coordinate the scheduling. Lion Lawrence and Lion Larry will call to fill slots as needed.
- 8:30pm Moved to Adjourn. Next meeting will be held at 7pm on 16th Feb 2023 (as Lion Roger and Shauna will be out of town on the 4th Thu in Feb).