WELCOME TO OUR 2012 LION YEAR! Meeting Minutes 8 Feb 2012 6:15pm at E Olsen home
- Please RSVP to Roger/Shauna Davies 388-4332 or email@example.com if you can come to a Lions Club Dinner Meeting on Wed 8 Feb 2012 at 6:15pm at home of E Olsen 225 S 2nd St W 388-4172
- Shauna is planning to cook up something wonderful (please let us know of any food sensitivities as well please).
- Elizabeth is letting us use her home for the meeting. Thanks, Mom.
- Bring your spouse and kids too, but please let us know how many to plan for in the RSVP.
- Thanks, see you there!
Reminder: no meeting in Jan 2012, but we attended the Magrath Chamber of Commerce Gala Awards Dinner on Sat 28 Jan 2012 at 7pm at the Magrath School. Lion Elizabeth Olsen was selected as the Magrath Chamber of Commerce 2011 Citizen of the Year and will be receiving her award that night (Shay Hoyt is Youth of the Year and Roosters is Business of the Year). Tickets are $15 a person (it is also a fundraiser for trail system signage) but are going fast (on sale at the Banks and at the Pharmacy .. while they last). Maybe we will see you there?
Magrath Lions Club
Meeting 8 Feb 2012
6:15pm at E Olsen Home
- 6:20pm Welcome by Club President Lion Shauna. Attendance 6/10 *see below.
- Thanks to Lion Shauna for provision of special roast beef dinner.
- Discussed results of Operation Christmas Child, Town Christmas Program in 2011. Thanks to Lion Elizabeth for organizing the choirs, the program and and the cookies/punch for the town event.
- Lion Roger discussed challenges getting approval to use monies raised at last casino fundraiser for the new playground at Magrath Fishpond.
Motion made by Lion Roger: “To our friends at the AGLC, we affirm that the entire intent of the Magrath Lions Casino Fundraising project has been for the development of playgrounds in and around the Town of Magrath, specifically to complete the Magrath Lions Playground in west Magrath and the development of a new Terry Trainer Memorial Playground at the Magrath Jubilee (Fishpond) park on the south border of Magrath.” Approved
Lion Devar will forward information back to AGLC.
- Discussed plans for Diamond Willow park upgrades. We agreed to organize labor for install in Spring 2012. Lion Shauna will contact DW for time and place.
- Lion Elizabeth proposed we organize and fund a 'Canada Day' program at the Magrath Elementary for all students during last week of school (in Jun 2012). We will ask Lion Tom to help collect donations for flags and pins. Moved that we hold the event again this year. Approved.
- Lion Shauna reported that Club Shirts are now available for each club member. We urge each club member to acquire one for public events. They are $13 each payable to Magrath Lions Club.
- Lion Roger reported on status of reporting to Alberta Government re Society Annual Returns. Have submitted up to 2010 and need to work on submission for 2011. Outstanding dues need to be paid to club so we can pay our dues to LCI and District.
- Discussed best day for club meetings. Some are unable to attend on Wed or Thu nights. Poll results: Mon 4 Tue 0 Wed 2 Thu 2. No best day decided. To be discussed at future meetings.
- Next meeting scheduled for 15 Mar 2012 at Devar Dahl's.
- Adjournment at 7:45pm
Attendance Roll: Lions Deanna Bingley, Devar Dahl, Roger Davies, Shauna Davies, Elizabeth Olsen, Tracie Smith. Guests Adrien Davies and Shalisa Bingley. (Lesley sick, Tom/Sharron absent, Lawrence at meetings, Laurie-Ann/Alex unavailable).